In Stores Yet

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bhilimon, Sep 6, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new ipods in the stores yet? I can call later after work I guess but this is easier.

2. macrumors 68000

lofight

only shuffle will be out direcly the rest will take a while... ipod touch probably 28 Sept, i don't know when the ipod nano will come but i thought it was in a week, i could be wrong, and ipod classic in also a week?? i think

3. macrumors member

just curious, but how is THIS easier?

pick up the phone, call, get an instant answer from someone who would actually know.

lazy.

4. macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm in the bay area and none of the stores had them yesterday - i'm going to try and grab one at lunch or this evening - I'll let you know if they're in stock.

5. macrumors regular

They have them in the Des Moines, Iowa store. They just got them this morning.

6. macrumors newbie

Does that include the iPod Touch or just Nano, Classic or Shuffle? :)

7. macrumors 68000

Classics and Nanos should be in store Fri or Saturday at the latest

8. macrumors 68000

Did you not pay attention yesterday??
    Touch isnt even shipping until the 28th

9. macrumors newbie

I'm not stupid like you assume... yes I read all the fuss yesterday and they say its not shipping from the Apple online store till the end of the month, but what about the retail stores..

10. macrumors 68000

The same, they hane't shipped from the facories at all.

11. macrumors newbie

I'm in Austin Texas and here's what I've found so far in my search for what store will get the Ipod Nano and when:

-Called Best Buy, they said the 12th
    -Called the Apple outlet store, they said they heard some time this weekend
    -Called Fry's Electronics, they said either Friday or Monday
    -Called Circuit City, they said they won't get the new Ipod Nanos till the end of the month.
    -Called CompUSA, they said "next week"
    -Called Walmart, they said probably somewhere between a week and a month.
    -Called the main Apple number and the lady said she heard they go out this weekend.

I GIVE UP! I'll just check Fry's and the Apple store tomorrow and Sat, then again Monday.

It's amazing to me major stores aren't promoting pre orders or at least listing them as coming soon to drum up interest and get customers into their stores. I can't find any online info on a date a store expects to get them, heck I don't even see a mention of them on store websites other than Amazon.

12. macrumors newbie

Didn't Steve say @ the conference they were shipping to stores yesterday? I would imagine some stores got overnight shipping.

13. macrumors 68000

sam10685

just curious, but how is he lazy? some people, like myself, can't speak. (think before you post.;) )

14. macrumors 68000

lofight

what I found on belgium store:

iPod Shuffle: ready to start shipping in 24 hours
    iPod Nano: ready to start shipping in 3 days
    iPod Classic: ready to start shipping in 3 days
    iPod Touch: ready to start shipping September 28th

EDIT: I think the shuffle is already shipping and that the 24 hours just mean yes they are ready, because the apple tv is also ready to ship in 24 hours but it hasn't been just released.

15. macrumors 6502a

Sometimes Apple stores seem like the last to know...it may well be easier to check here...

16. macrumors 65816

Foxer

All the stores around me (five Apple stores in the DC area) have the 80 GB Classic in stock (I held one in my hand, so I know it to be true). Nobody seems to have the 160GB, which is what I need.

I haven't been asking after any of the other models.

17. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I called the Sagemore Store last night and the guy seemed all confused and just said to call back tomorrow (now today) ... but I'm probably just gonna wait to call until Saturday (since I can't even get over there tonight or tomorrow anyway).

18. Moderator emeritus

That would make sense. :D

I thought that the earliest they guaranteed was that some of them would be in the stores on Saturday.

19. macrumors member

Nano in stock at Chandler, AZ Apple store

Just in case anybody here lives in AZ and is looking for a nano...the Chandler, AZ Apple store has them in stock. I just picked up a black [Edit: "graphite" is probably a better description] 8GB Nano Phatty.

Jeff

20. macrumors newbie

Im in boston and went to the cambridge apple store. I spoke with an apple guy there...and he told me they already had the nano's and new ipod videos in the store and ready to sell. He opened up a drawer behind the counter filled with nanos and picked up the box of the new ipod video. He then told me that the ipod touch would be in stock and available to buy sometime this weekend...probably saturday.

So yeah, at least at this store, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY AN IPOD TOUCH THIS WEEKEND.

21. macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I think the Apple store guy is misinformed.

22. macrumors 68030

spaceballl

An update - as of 11AM this morning, the Palo Alto store did not have the iPod classic. However, just called, and now they have the 80gb model.

23. macrumors 6502

yes he must be. its supposed to ship by the 28th. i hope he is right...but im afraid he is wrong. :( why is it that they are shipping later?

24. macrumors regular

I was the first to get a 80 GB black iPod classic today at my local Apple store (Mission Viejo, CA) and some guy got a new Nano just b4 I did. So they are in at least some stores already.:)

25. macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yes and i can say that my brand new 80gb iPod Classic is in the process of syncing up to my macbook right now!

-Kevin