In the fight against the powers, I lost.

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMacMan, May 14, 2004.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Well, I'll be going now.

For atleast a week for sure...

This compounds what my issue with my school has been already...

My account was disabled and a friend logged me on with his, apparently a serious violation, so I'll see you guys...

School == Comp taken away for a while atleast.
    Home == All electronics after this message will be taken out of my room and taken elsewhere (computer, TV, radio, iPod, ect)

So yeah I wish you all well, I hope this blows over but probably not...

See yah then guys :(

--MrMacMan --

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

im sorry, i was at odds with our school's IT policy many times as well, i once lost the ability to even touch a computer for a whole semester. eventually you get through it, and it becomes a good lesson in how to act when morons hold power over you.

paul

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

MrMacman, if you can read this, sign up for a free blog site, or some online journal thing, put it in your sig, and update it every so often so that we know what's going on...in this case, why all your electronics are being removed from your room (and by who). See if you can talk to eye, I think he's got a LiveJournal account, and if you ask him (nicely), he might remove all your sign-up charges by the tell-a-friend.

I know some people on here hate blogs, but in times like these, you need something to let some people know the who, what, where, when, why, and how.

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I was wondering the same thing. Must be something serous; hope its not IT people problems, those are the worst.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

6. iBook macrumors regular

If memory serves, he made some sort of video or slideshow presentation that may have contained copyrighted material. People at his school heard of the project and wanted him to immediately remove it from the Internet site where it was hosted. He was having some kind of log-in problem, the last I heard.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I remember reading a post to this effect at some point this week; I may have the people confused.

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Didn't he put up a proxy site to get around BESS or whatever it's called?

scem0

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Someone else put together a website concerning the security of the school's computer network. He was showing it to someone else and got blamed for it.

9. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Here's the link to the forum if anybody wants it:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=38848

BTW, MrMacMan, I typed your real name into google, and got 8 pages with 20 links per page. No wonder it was so easy to track you down. Thats why I'm happy with my dirty, common name:
    (just under 2 million page hits) :eek: ;) :D

10. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

This time its pretty sad.

2 days ago they disabled my account for using too much space, but they deleted the documents, so the prinicipal said I would get the account back.

Today i go to my Internet/Web Class and I can't log on, my friend sees this and starts to input his username and before he even inputs the password my substitute for the class sends us to the head of the department, who in turn sends me to the A.P...

I'm so unethical how can I keep breaking the rules yada yada.

How can they even complain about this, they said my account was to be restored and then I can't use someone elses in the meantime during a class that NEEDS access to a computer.

And now my computer (MINE) is in the 'family' room, I grudgely set it up tonight...

damn damn damn damn.

I didn't do anything -- ANYTHING. :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

This too shall pass....

Hey man, I know it sucks and all now, but someday you will be able to look back on this and it will be a great story. Everything will be alright man. And why is the computer being in the living room such a hardship? I love using the PC in the livingroom? Anyways if there is anything the MacRumors community can do to help you out, just let us know. Good Luck.

12. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Are you thinking of my dilemma?

BTW I did get logged in and remove the requested link.

IT people do suck. Big time. My friend got accused of deleting someone's project from the school server while the 'victim' was away getting a printed document. He didn't do it, but he still got banned. It only takes a few *******s to mess it up...

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I must say, I don't see why your parents are taking EVERY piece of electronic equipment out of your room. Computer and TV I suppose I could understand, if it actually made sense of course ;), but the radio and iPod too? :confused: that makes no sense...

Although, it does remind me of my mother threatening to unplug my computer recently. I told her to go ahead, it's a laptop :p

14. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

some of the older generation seems to believe the only value tv, music, and the internet have is entertainment value. it's amazing how quick parents are to talk about how great kids work with and understand technology, yet they withhold it as punishment?

thankfully my parents knew better, tho it wasn't without a few close calls.

paul

15. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Something like that sortta happened to me about a week ago. I go out for my daily bike ride, which only last ~45 min. when I come home, I find my computer, Airport base station, cable modem, ac adaptor for my iPod, lamp, and an ac adaptor for my external HD all unplugged. Basically my mother had ripped the whole surge protector apart. Well of course I got really pissed, and said she was luckey I wasn't updating the OS or something like that. (that would really screw me over)

It turns out, when my mother turned on my father's iMac, the printer started to print dozens of copies of my report. So my mother panicked and called my father at work; he said unplug every damn electronic device on the second floor. Stupid :mad:

The only damage I suffered was I had to restart my uptime count: I was at almost at 2 weeks! :mad:

16. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Sure -aha that was funny when my parent's took everything I like out of my room for themselves!

ahahaha. :mad:

I'll post some pictures of the aftermath later.

damn damn damn.

:(

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very sorry to hear about this MrMacman. Please try to keep your chin. I happen to think you are a nice guy. I would not be folding is it wasn't for you kind and patient assistance. Just taking how you are online, I happen to always be the same type person.

What confuses me is why your parents took away all technology from your room. :( :eek:

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I wonder how many MacRumors members have had their computer taken away and so they can't tell us about it?

19. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Or think about how many MacRumors members have been banned and can't tell us. ;)

I'm just going to be sneaky when I use the computer, yet my dad knows of this site and my username so it wouldn't take a genius to come here and see I'm on the computer... bah!

BTW, can a md change the title to 'fight again' to 'fight against' which is what I wanted. :eek:

20. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    mr macman what did u do exactly...still conflicting theories, lazy to look it up hehe

21. legion macrumors 6502a

Looks like it's time for someone to grow up...

It's the classic "but I didn't do anything" defense when the antagonist knows he's done something wrong and is getting punished. Do the crime, do the time and get over it.

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

It may be a classic, but there is a certain percentage of the time in which the person that gets blamed actually didn't start the problem in the first place. Though, in the cases in which there is an antagonist that did something wrong and got blamed for it, there is also a certain percentage in which the offender doesn't realize what the wrongdoing was.

Point: Not every senario is an act of awareness.

23. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

A member's posts and profile (example) live on even when they are banned, so where they went is no secret.

I'm glad that regular members who are going to be computerless for a while, for whatever reason, so often make an effort to let us know.