In the Uk its slighty warm

Discussion in 'Community' started by StokeLee, Jul 11, 2005.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

And sweaty, and i cant stand it no more,, and on that note today, i brought a fan from Argos,,,, and i think its fried,, so gutted, im boiling, it works on three speeds,, and early tonight it worked wicked,, level one was good,, two even better, and level 3 i got ice on my nose, lol,,
    and now, no matter what speed i put it on, its all level one,,
    I did turn it off for 20 mins, only off on the device, not at the plug, and now ive turned itback on, and no power,, all level one ish, if that,, and the actual unit that makes the fans spin is so hot,,

So its off, cant risk it setting on fire or somat, so another restless hot night

GUTTED

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

It was 113 degrees in Phoenix today, exactly 45 degrees Celsius. It will be 115 degrees for the rest of the week. It's a dry heat though, thankfully.

3. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Ouch. You have my sympathies. Nothing like not being able to sleep because of the heat. At least you can return it tomorrow and get a new one, right?

Well, good luck sweating and tossing and turning through the night. A trick you may or may not want to use... Take some sleeping pills. They'll knock you totally out and you wont even realize its that hot.
    :eek:

4. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

So just how hot is it there? If it hits a high of 105 or so in Texas, it isn't all that bad. The humidity is a b**** though. Heat indexes of 115+ will kill you...

5. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Wow, thats hot. I think it hit 96 here in Denver today. Cool by comparison...

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It's only about 90 or so here but, of course, we're not used to it and we're not geared up for it since very few shops/restaurants/buses/Tubes/trains have any form of air conditioning... and we tend to spend less time in air conditioned cars too. The Tube's been recorded at 120 or so on hot days particularly when trains get stuck in tunnels...

So all the hot air reflects off all the concrete and just hangs there with high humidity.

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

It's currently 18°C/65°F here in slighty overcast Hull, with a high of 24°C/75°F forecast for later today. Certainly nowhere near as hot as some others here are used to – but as Applespider says, we're just not used to the heat over here, let alone prepared for it with air conditioning and the like. The funny thing is, we're equally rubbish at dealing with the cold – every winter we're surprised when it snows and even the lightest coating reduces us to a standstill. For a country so obsessed with the weather we're spectacularly bad at dealing with it.

8. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

22 / 82.4 fahrenheit in Chester ( near Manchester ish)

May not sound greatly hot to the west but, as has been said... we arn't used to it...

I think the problem is that we have a fairly fixed weather... rain. So yeh, we can take rain.

just...

everything else comes as bit of a suprise

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Guess that is the same as every body part being frozen solid when it hits 20 F (About -6 C) here in Texas... :rolleyes:

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I was at a club at Santa Monica beach over the weekend, sipping a drink, talking to friends, and relaxing in the pleasant breeze on a perfect warm day, while looking out over 5 miles of uncrowded beaches. Yeah, life is sure hard here in Southern California.

11. Tahko macrumors regular

Don't complain, warmth is always nice! Here in Finland we are experiencing Mediterranian temperatures! Actually yesterday was warmer here than in Italy. Tomorrows temperature is predicted to be over 30 C as well. :D

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ahh 78F/26C here... Only about 10-20F hotter than our typical winter days.

:D

13. Tahko macrumors regular

Mr. Fahrenheit was experienceing severe brain damage when designing his measurement, IMHO. :rolleyes:

Honestly, what is 0F? 100F?

14. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

I got my new fan,, at last,,,, bring on that cool air,, no only problem i got is that its loud, lol

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Noise can be lived with, heat on the other hand...

Here in PA it was about 96 degrees Fahrenheit / 35 degrees Celsius. But with the humidity it felt to be over 100!