inbuilt iSight under Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by LCaller, Mar 14, 2007.

1. LCaller macrumors regular

Anyone got it to work ? I'm sick and tired of MSN on Mac not having camera so i dropped into XP and still no camera.... WHY WHY WHY GRRRRRR

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

1. Get Mercury Messenger or aMSN, for webcam on MSN...

You have to click Devices->USB in the parallels menubar for iSight support...

3. LCaller thread starter macrumors regular

I have it active in Windows and Windows just failed to install new hardware for it can't find a driver. Can someone point me towards one.

4. Yoda47 macrumors newbie

Do you have the latest update to Parallels installed?

5. LCaller thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, and for that reason i thought it came with a driver .

6. chabig macrumors 68030

I think Parallels uses Apple's Boot Camp driver, which they can't distribute. You need to search the web for a copy.

7. LCaller thread starter macrumors regular

Totally right . In the end here's how i did it.

Go to Utilities - Boot Camp Assistant . Right click to "Show Package Content"

Then in the folders - Content - Resources , there is DiskImage.dmg . Mount this and you will have a file called "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows.exe" . Copy that to your Parallels shared drive and run it . You'll end up with it uncompressing all the drivers to C:\Program Files\Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP 1.1.2 . In here you will have C:\Program Files\Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP 1.1.2\iSight and you can do the manual driver location in the windows device install.

I'm going to throw up a how to guide somewhere on the web as i got sick and tired searching the web and coming up against a brick wall or being told the only solution was Mercury Messenger ..

Will post the link shortly.

8. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

can't you somehow get the drivers of the bootcamp cd that you can create for windows xp? that would surely work

9. LCaller thread starter macrumors regular

thats kind of how i ended up doing it, but i now have stand alone drivers from the install that i'll be making available so people don't have to go through what i did again :)