Incase Moya Deluxe or Crumpler WeeBee

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by niter, Aug 27, 2004.

1. niter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003
    I know that I have asked this all before, but this time I REALLY am going to buy one of these bags. My iBook was not treated well in the bad that I thought would suffice for it. Two days ago, I was in my first Apple store (awesome) and I saw the Incase Moya Deluxe and loved it. I almost bought it on the spot, but the girl behind the counter advised a crumpler saying that she did not feel that any other bag provided the security of a crumpler.

The only two things I worry about now are water and padding. The bag I have is great for water, but not great on padding. The Moya Deluxe, on observation from the store, was double the padding than my current bag.

Really, I am ready to just buy the Moya bag as it has everything I need/want in a bag. I am just interested in before buying if anyone has any reason I MUST opt for a wee bee instead (coolness factor aside as both bags are cool in their own ways). One of the biggest reasons that I want the Moya bag is because of the size. I always carry a bag and a purse and I really would prefer to carry a back pack to school. I am not a big messenger bag person, esp when I have science texts and their weight only on one shoulder vs. entire back, and a big appeal of the Moya bag is that I can use it as my purse and then carry my backpack again. I really think my laptop would be safer away from my text books. Also, I tend to carry my computer everywhere I go, and when I have to go to a meeting it is a pain (and looks cluttered) to have to carry my iPod, iBook 12", and purse stuff or a huge messenger bag. If I had the small bag, it doubles as a purse and no one would know. Then I can also take my computer down town easily.

I got the 12" so I could take it everywhere. That is just not happening with my current bag.

Thanks for any insight.
  2. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003
    nm. I answered my own question. When I went to the campus bookstore today, I found an arrary of crumpler bags. I love the wee bee, BUT it is still too much bag for me.