Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's designed its Apple Watch to meet a wide range of tastes and budgets, offering the device at price points ranging from $350 to $17,000. Recently, the company also teamed up with Hermés for a unique designer Apple Watch collection that features Hermés bands.

Some accessory makers have taken a cue from Apple and have also partnered up with well-known fashion labels to create unique Apple Watch accessories. One of the latest companies to do so is Incase, through a partnership with luxury brand Parabellum. Together, the duo have created the Apple Watch Travel Folio, which is handcrafted in Los Angeles, California from full grain North American Bison leather.

incaseclosedwithwatch-800x228.jpg

Design wise, the Travel Folio has an impressive attention to detail and impeccable construction, and I would expect nothing less for its premium $250 price tag. The exterior is a high-quality textured leather while the interior is a soft suede to keep the Apple Watch safe from scratches. I am not an expert on leather, but the Bison texture looks nice and it should weather well with daily use.

incasesuedeinterior-800x600.jpg

I used the Incase x Parabellum Travel Folio in Pumpkin, which is a rich orange-tinged brown color that would match well with a Gold Apple Watch and is used for several other Parabellum products. The Travel Folio also comes in a classic black, but both are made from the same bison leather.

Parabellum is known for its style and quality, and while I'm also not a fashion expert, the Travel Folio matches the Parabellum aesthetic and is as stylish as the company's range of popular bags, belts, and wallets. For someone who owns other Parabellum products, the Travel Folio would fit right in with a collection. Incase and Parabellum only made 150 of the Apple Watch Travel Folio accessories, so each one is a limited edition product.

incasedustcase-800x505.jpg

A dust bag is included with the Travel Folio, and there's a subtle Incase logo on the snap button (which is made of ceramic) that keeps it closed. An additional cord wrap is included, with a matching button with a Parabellum logo. Inside, the Folio is stamped with the Parabellum and Incase brand names.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: The Incase x Parabellum Travel Folio Wraps Your Apple Watch in Expensive Bison Leather

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
Forget about it being ridiculously expensive for what it is, why do you need to put your Apple Watch away while traveling? The point is to have it on to use its useful features, even when you aren't using data you have the time and other complications, as well as activity tracking. The only time I put mine away while traveling is so the damn fools at airport security don't drop it again! Put it in my backpack, through security, put it back on my wrist.

Reactions: macs4nw

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Dumb question though. This is a travel case for the watch, right? How come we don't see a picture of the watch in the case, and only see where the charger fits? I'm stretching my imagination trying to figure out where the watch actually goes.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Why would anyone need s travel case for a watch that should be on your arm?

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Dumb question though. This is a travel case for the watch, right? How come we don't see a picture of the watch in the case, and only see where the charger fits? I'm stretching my imagination trying to figure out where the watch actually goes.

Check the sixth picture that shows the Apple Watch in the Folio. It goes in the same spot the charger does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.