Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Does anyone know if the incase snap will fit the 4S? The website only has it listed for the 4 but says that they expect that it will fit the 4.

urbanleopard

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
London, UK
Does anyone know if the incase snap will fit the 4S? The website only has it listed for the 4 but says that they expect that it will fit the 4.

It still fits snugly, but the mute switch has been moved closer to the volume buttons on the 4S which it makes it difficult to operate. Hope Incase release an update soon, it's a great case but now doesn't look right.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
It still fits snugly, but the mute switch has been moved closer to the volume buttons on the 4S which it makes it difficult to operate. Hope Incase release an update soon, it's a great case but now doesn't look right.

thanks. can anyone else corroborate? most of the other posts i saw just sung praises for this so wondering if they just didn't care or it wasn't as noticeable..

REally like the semi-transparency and the matte feel.. is this the best option?

Also - some other cases are noted to have problems with the flash due to the size of the hole being too small.. is this one ok wrt flash and taking pictures?

HankMoody

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
thanks. can anyone else corroborate? most of the other posts i saw just sung praises for this so wondering if they just didn't care or it wasn't as noticeable..

REally like the semi-transparency and the matte feel.. is this the best option?

Also - some other cases are noted to have problems with the flash due to the size of the hole being too small.. is this one ok wrt flash and taking pictures?

I have the same question. Will the Snap case work with a 4S (ie no camera/flash issues)?

Thanks

kenobe23

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
I can't comment on the fit for a 4S, but I can tell you about the case. I've had one on my iPhone 4 for close to a year.

Overall, I've been quite happy with it, but it's not perfect. It looks great, and feels nice in the hands. It leaves all the openings, speakers, etc. very well exposed, so it's easy to use. I have not noticed any flash washout, but I rarely use the flash, so I'm not the best judge.

On the other hand, the case has cracked and broken a bit at the top, so I need to replace it. Also, after a year of use the back is somewhat scuffed, so it's not as sharp looking as at first.

I just ordered a magpul executive field case to replace it, based on the many positive reviews here and elsewhere. I want something with a tiny bit more substance, in the hope that it will make the phone more comfortable to hold. I find the current iPhone shape is a bit uncomfortable on the hands, would prefer rounded edges.

I have been happy with the incase snap, and you will probably like it. I guess all cases have some limitations...

imeth

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
I bought the clear frost snap on at Apple store, it goes great with my white 4s. Though it barely fitted. Not as smooth snap on as my black frost on my black iPhone 4.

drkash

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
UK
I bought the clear frost snap on at Apple store, it goes great with my white 4s. Though it barely fitted. Not as smooth snap on as my black frost on my black iPhone 4.

Have you noticed the yellowing so far? There have been some reports about this after a week?

Am considering buying the clear frost on my white 4s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.