Incipio Feather Ultralight on "new" iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TWO2SEVEN, Mar 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

2. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Why not just get the smart feather case made for the new iPad? Looks very much the same.

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Exactly. As far as I know, there is no one case that is so amazing that I would try to force the issue of it fitting on something new. Take exception to what I believe is the best case thus far and that's the Apple iPad 1 case. That was a great design and I wish they had not ditched it so quickly.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I don't plan on using the Smart Cover, otherwise thats the one I would get. I am looking for just a simple back shell. I may look more into the NGP.

5. macrumors regular

I have the iPad 2 Incipio Feather on my new iPad. I first I thought it didn't fit but with a bit of effort it does. The problem is it doesn't doesn't sit flush to the back, there is a bit of space between the shell and the iPad which I find annoying.

6. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

It doesn't have to be used in conjunction with the smart cover. The fact that is does it just an added bonus :)

7. thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Very true!

I may end up getting it with the SC in the end. A little extra protection never hurt anyone :)

8. macrumors regular

The Smart Feather without a Smart cover is annoying - you get an extra bulge on the left hand of the device. I couldn't put up with it. I'm hoping Incipio release a non-Smart Feather for the new iPad.

9. macrumors 601

Ditto I like the Smart Feather but don't want to use a smart cover. We should all email the dev.

10. macrumors 6502

I've got the NGP on mine. Fits perfectly. Don't like it as much as my slider hardshell case (do they even make those anymore?) on my iPad 1 but it fits well and very low profile.

11. thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

That's what I was thinking too

12. thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I asked you on another post, but I'll ask again here.

Is the NGP rubbery or more of a hard plastic?

Thanks!