Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WG5516

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
I get this warning message every time I open iTunes. I click "allow" but it still comes back. I've checked my firewall settings as well and it says allow in that menu also. What gives? Anyone else having an issue with this?

2s86azq.png

RED™

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2008
Near German Black Forest
I had this issue too. I deleted iTunes (only the app, the iTunes folder remains at its place) and re downloaded it from the Apple site. On 1st launch it then asked me, I clicked "allow" and after that time it didn't ever again. Follow steps from here: http://www.macyourself.com/2009/08/19/itunes-keeps-asking-to-allow-or-deny-incoming-connections/

The 2nd cause is your icon. Have you changed it via CandyBar? If yes, try to restore the iTunes icon in CB and restart iTunes. The pop up should not appear again.

If you still want iTunes to use a different icon you'll have to change it via the info window (CMD-i). With that method iTunes does not ask for incoming connections.

Hope that helped!

WG5516

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
I had this issue too. I deleted iTunes (only the app, the iTunes folder remains at its place) and re downloaded it from the Apple site. On 1st launch it then asked me, I clicked "allow" and after that time it didn't ever again. Follow steps from here: http://www.macyourself.com/2009/08/19/itunes-keeps-asking-to-allow-or-deny-incoming-connections/

The 2nd cause is your icon. Have you changed it via CandyBar? If yes, try to restore the iTunes icon in CB and restart iTunes. The pop up should not appear again.

If you still want iTunes to use a different icon you'll have to change it via the info window (CMD-i). With that method iTunes does not ask for incoming connections.

Hope that helped!

Ok thank you. I tried the steps you suggested. I hope it helps also!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.