incomplete install of 10.2.8

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by johnwd5, Apr 5, 2006.

1. johnwd5 macrumors newbie

Apr 5, 2006
    hello, first time here, and am quite a novice compared to the majority of mac users here. ok i have an old beige g3 tower, 233mhz, 256mb of ram, and a 9gig drive. i have successfully installed the 10.2.8 on to an iMac g3, but proceeding the same to install into g3 beige tower i get a successful install msg upon finishing disk 1, but when it reboots all i get is delayed reboot, then a happy mac face a la 9.2 etc and another reboot. then the process just repeats until i switch it off entirely. unfortunately i thought i made an error installing and tried to install again, only now i'm pretty sure i've deleted 9.2 os previously on it. not too worried about data on it, there's very little to be upset about other than getting this os 10.2.8 to correctly install !
    any ideas ?
  2. umrdad macrumors member

Dec 13, 2005
    you may need a firmware update i had 10.2.8 on this old pismo and had a very bad day trying to install 10.4 . . . finally figured out that was the problem then everything played nice and loaded w/o incident . . . i do remember some of the g3's had to have update you'll have to go to apple's site to see the list