increase resolution in iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by riel505, Dec 21, 2006.

1. macrumors member

riel505

i have a canon 300d but i have lost the software that came with it ages ago. i shot some raw files and need to convert it to jpeg, tiff, eps or the like. i find that iphoto can covert 'em but the resolution is less than i need. is there a way to increase this?

thanks!

2. macrumors member

Do you mean increase the resolution greater than the 3000x2000 pixel images that come from the camera?

Not sure if iPhoto will do this but Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, GraphicConverter or most other image editors can do this.

3. thread starter macrumors member

riel505

no. what i meant was if there was a way to control how big iphoto converts original images especially from raw to jpeg. i had phtoshop cs2 before so i didn't have this problem but when i kept gettng other prblems with it, i switched back to photoshp 7 which doesnt read raw yet.

'think i found it in iphoto help (this at least makes the images' resolution bigger after conversion methinks). will try.

Choosing advanced options for RAW-format photos

Choose iPhoto > Preferences, click Advanced, then do one of the following:

To save edited RAW files as TIFFs, select the checkbox labeled "Save edited RAW files as 16 bit TIFFs." If this checkbox is left unselected, iPhoto saves edited RAW files in JPEG format.

IMPORTANT: To save RAW files as 16-bit TIFFs, you must be using Mac OS X version 10.4.4 or later.