Increasing a Apps memory in Classic

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kenyabob, Nov 24, 2003.

1. kenyabob macrumors regular

I am running Quark 4, I know its old school, in Classic. I need to increase the amount of memory its getting though. I cant launch in 9 becuase it isnt in my startup disk menu. Because there is no 9 desktop I cant click for info and increase the memory. Any ideas, Im not used to os 9 or classic, so I have no idea and could use some help from some veterans. Thanks in advance.

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Re: Increasing a Apps memory in Classic

Just click on it in OSX and get info.

3. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

Re: Re: Increasing a Apps memory in Classic

Ah, I was just about to post when I saw that there was already a response.

To elaborate a bit, locate the Quark application in the Finder (OS X) and Get Info on it (command-I). There should be a Memory section that you can reveal using the little triangle. That Memory section only appears for Classic apps (and Carbon apps that are compiled for both Classic and X), since setting an app's memory is no longer a meaningful concept under OS X (thank goodness).

4. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

Click on the application in OS 9 and go to get info from the File menu, then go to "Show: Memory". I'd recommend that you check how much memory you have available first though - in the finder go to "About this Mac" in the apple menu. Check to see what the largest available block is.

I have mine set to 14138 as the min size, and 100 mb as the max size(102400). I'm using a 733 mhz single g4 with 512 ram though.

Quark 4 doesn't run under X at all, even through classic mode. It has to deal with the dongle not being able to be detected.