Incredible Apple Hint of a 3 button mouse...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ZildjianKX, Jun 20, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...39FxQEUdA530bGiO82lzXZ2xz/1.3.0.5.8.3.25.13.0

Anyone notice anything funny about the system requirements?

This would be the first time that Apple's first-party software would require hardware that they didn't make... so... three-button mice with your G5 anyone?

2. macrumors regular

That has been there ever since Apple bought Shake. Not new.

3. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I believe we have seen this in the past, can't remember when though, back a while, Shake has always required 3 buttons I believe, even before Apple purchased it.

I wouldn't expect a 3 buttoned mouse at this point (certainly hope not anyway!)

Ensign

4. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Never satisfied...

Gotta love people thinking that's a hint, when it's been a software requirement for a long time.

People ask for a two-button mouse, but will whine about it not having a scroll wheel.

Add a scroll wheel and they'll whine about it not being blue tooth.

Give them what they want and the resellers will whine that people are no longer buying their uber rodents, and they're losing money.

Wake up and smell the coffee...

5. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I have a three-button mouse. What's wicked-cool is that if I middle-click on a link in Safari, the link opens in a new tab behind the current one. Those with scroll wheels might try clicking the scroll wheel to see if that works as well.

Another thing: all UNIX workstations/terminals running a windowing system require a three-button mouse. That, amont other things (the "Sun" logo on the side was key), tipped me off that the catalog computers in the university library are really UNIX running X11 or a similar windowing software.

In other news, yes, that three-button mouse has been a requirement of Shake for awhile.

Just trying to disseminate useful information all around.

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, it does. And it's very useful.

7. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, useful. You hear that, Jobs? Huh? Did you hear that?
    ;)

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Sorry guys... I never saw the mouse requirement in Shake 2... and you know Shake 3 just shipped today ... and you know what Monday is.