Incredibles Demo help??

Discussion in 'Games' started by Poff, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I can't even finish the first level. When in that flying saucer kind of thing, I don't manage to hit anything. Any hints?

I'm on a 700MHz, and minimum requirements are 800. This might be the reason, tho I'm playing on lowest resolution, and I do believe I get a decent framerate. (although there is no way to check this.)

2. Chubypig macrumors 6502

Same Problem

I have the same freaking problem. I would go as far as to say it's "Incredibly" hard. someone please help us.

3. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

You just couldn't resist, could you? ;)

4. exaedron macrumors newbie

first checkpoint...

try to get down the three towers... shoot in the middle of them...

5. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

thanks, I'll try that.

6. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

You know, ever since I saw the Demo that guy from THQ (I think he was from THQ) showed at the Apple event a few months back, the Incredibles game always kinda intrigued me.

Now that the movie's out and rocks, I wanted to try the game. The reviews are showing it to be rather mediocre, but I was surprised to see that the PC version was a hyrbid disc.

Anywho, I downloaded the demo last night, and when I get back from school today I'm gonna give it a run though. I don't have very much software to use my dual-analog gamepad with, and hopefully this will fill that void.

I'm worried that my eMac won't be able to cut it in the performance department though...guess I'll have to re-download that ATi overclocking tool, it it lets me install it.

7. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

Can't wait to try it. Too bad the server I'm downloading from is a tad slow . . .

8. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

You should use the download mirror #2. I didn't bother waiting for the first link. (ftp) But the second link (http) downloaded about 4 - 5x faster.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm downloading it now, but it seems to be stuck at 106 megs of 107 :eek:

And the second link didn't work for me....bleh!

D

10. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

OK, I finally tried it. Like Poff, I was doing OK until the flying saucer thingy. WTF?! I've been playing games for years but I cant figure out how to control that thing. For a while I managed to hit some of the guards below but I still don't think I was fully in control. Most of the time it seemed to "flip down" and aim at the floor below and I couldn't make it do anything else. I felt like a complete dumbass. I'm no game playing "god" but I've been able to hold my own in Quake III, Wolfenstein, UT, MOH, etc. With this flying saucer gadget, I'm clueless. I feel like Dustin Hoffman's character in "Rainman" . . .
    (* head to the side, bobbing up and down *) I'm an excellent player . . . I'm an excellent player . . . yes . . . I'm an excellent player . . . :D

11. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Actually, I don't think you can control it. You just aim and fire while it goes along a predetermined track.

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, I'm not liking this, I haven't even made it out of the jungle - what's with the camera view, most of the time I can't see anything because some sort of bush is in the way - this is silly....

D

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, what's up with this demo - the game play is terrible, I'm on a dual 1.25, 640x480 and I'm getting really bad frame rates. This wouldn't make me want to go out and get the game.

So, I finally figured out how to play it a little better - the flying saucer thing is really a pain doing the targeting - especially with the frame rates I'm getting - but what is the goal there? Kill all the people? Did that and more show up...destroy all the other yellow saucers? Haven't managed that yet...

And can you destroy the gun turrets?

D

14. mechamac macrumors regular

Weird! I have a 1 gig G4 iMac and the game plays very smoothly at 1024 by 768, without FSAA. Gameplay is a little too do-everything-just-right for my taste.

edit-you have to keep shooting the towers in the middle. Don't worry about anything else onscreen, just the towers. Do it as efficiently as possible and they'll all blow up before you get shot down (seems to me you have just enough time to get all 3 towers only if you shoot efficiently).

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I had a few things running in the background that I forgot about, fixed that :D

And I've made it to the tank, but haven't killed that yet....

D

16. wdogmedia macrumors member

If you shoot the black holes in the front of each tower, eventually they'll explode....The tank at the end of the level had my stymied for a long time too, but the only way to beat it is to pick up the bombs it throws at you and throw them back using your Incredi-Attack.

Pretty sweet demo, but I agree the camera angle is freaking annoying.

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I still haven't beat the tank at the end - so how many more levels are there in the real game?

D

18. hjhhjh macrumors member

wierdly this game runs fairly slow on my comp 1.33 ghz g4 12" pb 768 mb ram

is there a nvidia overcloking tool for the mac?

19. chaosandwalls macrumors newbie

i try shooting the towers but as soon an they are hit once they just follow me and seem to track me moving and then just blast me to incredibly ;) small pieces :eek: