incredibly slow torrent download!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MUCKYFINGERS, Mar 21, 2006.

1. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

okay so i have read many posts in this forum about slow torrent speeds but my speeds are still horrendously slow.

so i have a D-Link 604 router and i use my airport card to access the internet through my router. i configured it so it would forward ports 6881-6889 but my torrent speeds, even in torrents with over 1000 leechers and 100 seeders, still caps at about 20 kb/sec.

i'm using comcast HSI and i was wondering if anyone could help me. im using tomato torrent. thanks!

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Umm. For every 10 who share, 100 leech... I don't see why anyone would be surprised its slow.

3. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

but shouldnt it be fast since there are many people leeching who will seed their leeched parts to me as well?

4. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

5. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

6. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

First off, Tomato Torrent sucks so go download Azureus...

During the setup make sure you aren't NAT'd with Azureus' little test and change your port to something above 49000. Comcast is probably throttling 6881-6889.

7. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

8. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

i found out what the problem was.

i wasn't enabling both TCP AND UDP for the port forwarding.

my download speed jumped from 5kb to 90 kb/sec :)

the large amount of leechers did not make my download slow. it was just my messed up router settings :)

9. Shnate macrumors newbie

I'm having this exact problem. I've been reading up alot and trying to figure it out, but i'm pretty new to mac. Can you tell me exactly the steps you took to make it work? I'm running Vuze and it's going anywhere from 0-9 kb and my internet has the capability to do like 150. help!