Indefinite block on my shared IP address on Wikipedia --- what should I do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Sep 4, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

My neighbor is perhaps the biggest vandal ever. I contributed using my IP address (that we share) but he started vandalising with it, so I created my own account, then he made a vandalism-only account and now he's indefinitely blocked our IP! What can I do so I can at least continue to contribute?

2. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

My neighbor and I have the same internet provider and we have the same IP for some reason. And Wikipedia's blocked our IP because he keeps vandalising when I'm trying to constructively edit. What should I do?

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

thats weird. same ip and all. call up your isp. explain your problem, include you neighbor's vandalism. Then demand ,be mean, a new ip adress or threaten to take your money elsewhere. not only will they become extremely nice and helpful, but in my case i complained and now my service is 30% less and i never have issues.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Sounds like grounds for murder. Scan the local newspaper clippings of the resulting hulabaloo, e-mail them to the Wiki gods and see if they accept your offering.

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Those to resolutions seem a little extreme. Is there anyone at Wikipedia I can talk to?

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

it must be that bynadrill i took but i am slow tonight... but Huh?

7. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

no trust me, isp's like your flow of cash and will be very helpful.

8. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

You're not the only one that didn't understand that.

HUH?

9. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I did e-mail the blocker -- I doubt he'll believe me. Nobody did when I was blocked before. Maybe my IP will change on its own. I does that occasionally.

10. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

man that sucks. my ip was last used by spammers ,triggered the complaint call, and i couldn't get a single email out, i think they also torrented and p2ped, are those worda?, cuase my router log showed lots of attempted inbound connections over those ports.

11. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Have you considered TOR or another router for when you want to use Wikipedia?