Indesign/Creative Suite will not install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mulls7, Jun 2, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2004
    I know a few other people have had trouble with Creative Suite but I can't find an answer from the other posts.
    I have a Powerbook G4 on which I installed Creative Suite without any problems whatsoever.
    I recently acquired an imac G4 700mhz with OS 10.3.3. I have installed the same software but when I try to run any parts of Creative Suite, it quits half way through loading. On Indesign it quits at the stage when it says "Starting service registry".
    Out of curiosity, I downloaded the Indesign trial from the adobe website and, once installed, it crashed at exactly the same place.
    This is really annoying me because I got the imac solely to run Indesign and it won't! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2004
    Thanks for that info. I have installed it again but the same problem. The software installs OK and is there on the hard disk - it just refuses to run.
  4. macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    have you tried Adobe's support forum? there's a section for Indesign.
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2004
    Thanks for that. I looked on the adobe indesign support and got to the root of the problem.
    It's laughable but here's the reason indesign wouldn't run - because my time zone was set to Cardiff!!! Changed it to Dublin and now Indesign and the other Adobe applications work.
    What a farce - more discrimination against the Welsh!
  6. macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    at least i know where cardiff is now.