Indesign/Creative Suite will not install

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by mulls7, Jun 2, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

I know a few other people have had trouble with Creative Suite but I can't find an answer from the other posts.
    I have a Powerbook G4 on which I installed Creative Suite without any problems whatsoever.
    I recently acquired an imac G4 700mhz with OS 10.3.3. I have installed the same software but when I try to run any parts of Creative Suite, it quits half way through loading. On Indesign it quits at the stage when it says "Starting service registry".
    Out of curiosity, I downloaded the Indesign trial from the adobe website and, once installed, it crashed at exactly the same place.
    This is really annoying me because I got the imac solely to run Indesign and it won't! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. macrumors 68020

Cooknn

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info. I have installed it again but the same problem. The software installs OK and is there on the hard disk - it just refuses to run.

4. macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    have you tried Adobe's support forum? there's a section for Indesign.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I looked on the adobe indesign support and got to the root of the problem.
    It's laughable but here's the reason indesign wouldn't run - because my time zone was set to Cardiff!!! Changed it to Dublin and now Indesign and the other Adobe applications work.
    What a farce - more discrimination against the Welsh!

6. macrumors 68030

superbovine

at least i know where cardiff is now.