InDesign Display Issues

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Cooknn, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Getting used to InDesign here. Using CS. Not sure why, but when I paste graphics into a document, sometimes (most of the time) there are lines through it (see below). The lines even show up in Preview - but not visible when I print - or viewing in Acrobat on a PC.

Is there a display setting I can change to get this to look right on my screen? I notice that I have to turn on Overprint Preview to get WYSIWYG. Trip. Any help would be appreciated :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Try View menu>Display Performance>Optimised or High-Quality Display... although High Quality can put a strain on your Mac.

I tend not to worry about display quality in either InDesign or Quark unless we're talking about EPS files or where positioning has to be spot on. I always proof by print.

3. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Thanks - I tried both to no avail. I guess it could be a Rosetta quirk. No big deal. Can't wait for CS3 ;)

4. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I'm with you...as long as it prints ok, then there's no problem

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What kind of files are you pasting in?

PSDs, TIFs, JPGs, etc? RGB ones or CMYK? Flat or layered? Are these linked or embedded?

Does it do the same thing if you place the file? File>Place (apple-D)?

6. Lau Guest

Does it happen when the document is scaled to a lower size, i.e. 75% or 50%? Sometimes you get quirky things in images that then look fine at 100%.

7. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

You win the prize :D I must have just been pasting from the buffer because just now I tried File>Place (with a .PSD) and it looks and prints GREAT!

Thanks!

[EDIT]Interestingly enough, I don't have jaggy looking images now when I don't have Overprint Preview turned on. This is the way I was thinking it should have been. Appreciate the help :)

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Excellent. I await the imminent arrival of my G5 powerbook. ;)

Glad to have been of some help.

9. ercw macrumors regular

I may just repeat other posts but I have the same issue.
    It's only on your preview, when comes to the printer output you won't see the lines.