to change views?!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gernb, Sep 4, 2002.

1. gernb macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2002
    I seldom use InDesign, but have to use it for a current spare me the 'gentle' reminders of why I should be using Quark.

My question is this:

Is there a way to change the view so that when I zoom in and out I'm only looking at one spread and pasteboard at a time?

Let's say I've got a document open that has 4 spreads. Whenever I zoom out I start seeing the other pasteboards and spreads. I only want to look at one at a time...regardless of whether I'm at 100%, 12% or 800%.

Please help. There must be a way to change how ID displays pages / pasteboards, etc.

Big thanks in advance.
  2. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i am not exactly sure what you want but...

if you do a cmd - 0 (zero) it will show the entire page (pasteboard...) you are working on, but it will also show the facing page a bit, depending on the size and shape of your document. if you really do not want to see the facing page, resize the window so that is only fits the one page in it at a time.

oh- there is absolutely nothing wrong with using indesign, just think of yourself as a trendsetter. everyone will follow sooner or later.
  3. djkut macrumors member

Aug 10, 2002
  4. gernb thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2002
    command 0 doesn't get me exactly what i want, but thanks for the idea.

i guess what i'm after is a view that lets me see only 1 pasteboard at a time, no matter what magnification i'm at. i want this because without it, i have to do a ton of scrolling and dragging in order to stay focused on the area i'm working on.

makes sense, right? when you're working on a magazine you shouldn't have to look at the entire magazine unless you really want to. PLEASE....somebody tell me that Adobe makes it possible to view spreads and the pasteboard in the same way as, say, pagemaker?
  5. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
  6. gernb thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2002

right. strangely enough, the manual doesn't address this question.

i'm not a moron...but this baffles me.