InDesign question: tables

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Mar 4, 2008.

1. macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Anyone know how to do this:

[​IMG]

Without doing this:

[​IMG]

I have to do several tables like this and I would really like to have each table be made up of only one table, but I can't figure out how to make the headers slanted. Any ideas?

2. macrumors 6502

You'd think that be something relatively easy to do, or at least possible. I've looked for a feature like this (and I consider myself pretty competent with InDesign) to no avail. Sorry. I'm interested in knowing the definitive answer to this myself.

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Yeah I've been working with ID for several years now, on a daily basis, but for some reason have never had any cause to do this before. I posted this question on the Adobe forums, too, and emailed the helpful folks over at indesignsecrets.com, so hopefully I'll get an answer somewhere. I'll post it back here if I hear it somewhere else.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

This was the response I got on the Adobe forums:

"Draw a little text frame, type a single header, turn the frame 30 degrees (or whatever), cut the frame, paste the frame in a table cell."

It's not exactly what I was looking for, but it works well enough (and better than what I was doing).

5. macrumors member

You can group the 2 shapes if you want, it could make it easier to duplicate, just stinks when you add more columns.

6. thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Yeah but the problem is getting the stroke to line up, which is why I just ditched it altogether and went with the above workaround.