Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wendy5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
Are there an InDesign CS gururs out there who can help me?!

I was trying to re-type/or replace text in a text frame that had been made on another computer in the network and it was automatically offset or pushed downwards in the text frame. This happened in several text boxes, but not in all, and as far as I could see they all had the exact same settings.

Is this some weird hidden setting that my InDesign has that no other computers in our network have, or is it just some quirk?

Any ideas on what is going on would be really, really, really apprieciated as it's driving me insane!!

:)

jtt

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2005
Go to text frame options(control click on text box) and check ignore text wrap and see if that helps.

Wendy5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
Thanks, yeah I tried that, no such luck. It's something I've never seen before - there are no offsets, baseline shifts, no character or paragraph styles and no text wraps - I'm at a total loss!!

Wendy5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
Yay! That seems to have worked. Thanks HEAPS!

I'd still like to know why it happened if anyone has any ideas?!

ShopJockey

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2005
Okay, I found out how to fix this a while back as it was driving me insane.
Instead of repasting into a new box (happens with picture boxes too eventually), simply: Apple-R (turn rulers off), Apple-R (turn rulers back on).
Fixed.
Not sure why it happens, roll on CS2!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.