Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkielmeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
hello all...i've created a logo in InDesign and need to deliver it to the client who uses a PC. the logo consists of an image (created in InDesign) and text. would it be best to recreate this file in Illustrator? if so, any tips on how to do so? any advice will be appreciated. thank you.

jkielmeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
i've copied and pasted it into illustrator, but when i tried inserting the Illustrator file into a Word document (which is something i think the client will do with it), it doesn't look right -- it's blurry. i tried saving as an .ai doc and also an .eps doc, neither one looked right when opened in Word. help! thank you.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
Save the logo as a 300DPI JPG in RGB from illy, this will work the best. For some reason Word likes RGB.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
irishgrizzly is right - Word won't want something vector-based - it would much prefer a RGB bitmapped file, like a jpg. The blurryness you're referring to is probably Word trying to use the file preview of the vector file instead of the vectors themselves.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Don't forget you can Export an InDesign file to an EPS as well rather than redraw in Illustrator

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.