InDesignCS2 logo to Illustrator

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by jkielmeyer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

hello all...i've created a logo in InDesign and need to deliver it to the client who uses a PC. the logo consists of an image (created in InDesign) and text. would it be best to recreate this file in Illustrator? if so, any tips on how to do so? any advice will be appreciated. thank you.

2. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

i've copied and pasted it into illustrator, but when i tried inserting the Illustrator file into a Word document (which is something i think the client will do with it), it doesn't look right -- it's blurry. i tried saving as an .ai doc and also an .eps doc, neither one looked right when opened in Word. help! thank you.

4. macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Save the logo as a 300DPI JPG in RGB from illy, this will work the best. For some reason Word likes RGB.

5. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

irishgrizzly is right - Word won't want something vector-based - it would much prefer a RGB bitmapped file, like a jpg. The blurryness you're referring to is probably Word trying to use the file preview of the vector file instead of the vectors themselves.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

7. macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Don't forget you can Export an InDesign file to an EPS as well rather than redraw in Illustrator