Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipandegg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
UK
Have quite a lot of sample CDs from different music technology magazines, though haven't actually done anything with them.

After reading around I came to the conclusion to get an internal hard drive just for the samples.

I also read that the samples need to be indexed, while on the drive, is that done automatically? How do you go about doing that?

I'm kind of taking one step at a time with all of this.

c-Row

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Germany
There was a similar question in this month's issue of Computer Music... I don't remember the name of the program they recommended, but I can dig it out later.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Have quite a lot of sample CDs from different music technology magazines, though haven't actually done anything with them.

After reading around I came to the conclusion to get an internal hard drive just for the samples.

I also read that the samples need to be indexed, while on the drive, is that done automatically? How do you go about doing that?

I'm kind of taking one step at a time with all of this.

Are you asking about the "Apple Loops Utility"? This converts sample fies to loops and adds markers and medtadata. I think this must be what you are looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.