India Panicked by MonkeyMan!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by aricher, Aug 24, 2006.

1. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I heard about this on NPR the other morning and had to look into it. It's stranger than the Chupacabra stories from South America. The story has been around for a few years but it appears that attacks have been escalating in the past few weeks.

Monkey Man Attack!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

This struck me as funny. The whole region's in a panic, but apparently $1,100 is all they could come up with.

3. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

The per capita income in New Delhi is 53,976 Rupees. This converts to $1,159.88 USD. To someone living in India this is quite a bit of money. You have to remember that the pay scale in India is much less than other countries - hence the outsourcing trend.

Average Delhiite earns Rs 54K

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I still think they should allow whomever captures the guy (he exists, right? ;)) to eBay him. That'll bring a lot more $$.

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I remember reading about this a few years back. The idea of a strange black clad creature clawing at folk before bounding away into the night is very reminiscent of Spring Heeled Jack...

6. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

It seems like this is old news. The date from the article says May 21 2001

7. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

The attacks have started again which is why I said "The story has been around for a few years but it appears that attacks have been escalating in the past few weeks. "

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Most people I know with money aren't overly big on contributing to "catch the monkey man" funds. :D They prefer growth funds! :eek: ;) :D