Indianapolis, IN (Keystone/AT&T)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by aethelbert, Jun 16, 2008.

1. macrumors 601

I just found out that I've gotta come back to the states from the 8th to the 13th, so instead of getting one in Germany, I figure that I'll get one here as my company pays for almost any carrier worldwide. I'll probably get there about 1500 (assuming that it's the same as last year). Anyone else coming to Keystone on the 11th?

2. macrumors regular

I'm thinking about heading up to Keystone from the west side. I have a hard time justifying it though because I have an AT&T store within walking distance. There's also another AT&T store right down the road. Decisions, decisions.

The good news is I have the day off!

3. macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I'm in the same boat as you kvasir. I have given it some thought but I have an AT&T store right down the road from me in Avon.

4. thread starter macrumors 601

Well, I guess that it would also depend on the weather. I can't imagine that anyone would want to wait outside at an AT&T store if it's raining or 100º. If they do the same thing that they've done for the Leopard and Tiger launches, you can get some Red Bull or soda along with however much candy you can eat if you go to the Apple store.

5. macrumors regular

I'm between Dan Jones and 267. If you don't want to go to the Apple Store, I'll hang with you at one of the AT&T stores here in Avon. I'd prefer the one in Avon vs. the one on Raceway.

6. macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Sounds like a plan. If I can get the time off I will take you up on that. I'm on Dan Jones just south of Rockville so I'm right by the Avon AT&T store (actually where I bought my first iPhone).

7. macrumors regular

Awesome. Did they have much of a line last year? I was out of town that day.

8. macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I actually waited a few months to the the plunge... I was trying to decide if I wanted to carry two phones (lack of Exchange support meant I needed a blackberry for work as well). Thankfully the days of having to carry two phones are almost over :)

Anyone who waited in Indy last year - how were the lines at AT&T stores around town and at the Apple store up at Keystone?

9. thread starter macrumors 601

I don't know about the AT&T stores, but at the Leopard launch, we had 325. I remember an employee making an announcement about how we had at least 100 more people than the iPhone launch in line at 17:55. So the line at Keystone was around 200 last June.

10. macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Thanks for the numbers akonradi! That would be the one thing that would tempt me to hit up the actual Apple store instead... the ambiance ;) Now if there are any Vayniacs who are going to be there count me in haha.

11. macrumors member

Formula1freak

Let me know what the plan is, whether it be keystone, or someplace else, but i am game for anything. I asked for the evening of the 10th and the whole day of the 11th off :D. I just moved to Carmel ( hate it >.> ) , i was living on the west side near Eagle Creek Park. I love the idea of going to the Apple store because of the nostalgic feel of it, or so i have been told. But I am up for AT&T as well. Just keep me updated!

12. macrumors regular

I live in Fort Wayne and there is an AT&T about 10 minutes away from me. I know the launch there would be extremely boring so I wanted to buy it at an Apple Store where it might be a little more exciting. But with gas the way it is I don't know if I'll be able to make it to keystone. :(

13. macrumors member

Formula1freak

Your not kidding, gas is killing everybody. I know how long and how much gas that drive uses up, i have friends in Huntington, Indiana. Are they offering it subsidized at the Apple store? or only at AT&T? because that might make or break my decision.

14. macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure they are offering it subsidized at both AT&T and Apple.

15. macrumors member

Formula1freak

Good to know, I will go where the group wants to go, i prefer going to the apple store but I am up for anything :)

16. macrumors regular

I love the Eagle Creek area. We looked at houses up that way because of the access to Eagle Creek Park.

I guess we should all start factoring the price of gas into our purchase as well. In reality, Keystone is about 35-45 minutes away from my house depending on traffic. What time would people want to meet?

17. macrumors member

Formula1freak

Gas really isn't an issue for me (if the apple store is chosen), i live less than 15min away from Keystone mall. The time we could meet is up to the rest of the group, i asked for the evening of the 10th, and all of the 11th off of work, so if i wanted i could potentially camp the night out @ the apple store :p. But like i stated I am up for anything!

18. thread starter macrumors 601

They might not let you camp out inside all night. The guy first in line for 10.5 had to settle with arriving at 0400. But I'm going to the Apple store no matter what, as it's the closest option and probably a better place to hang out. You can't argue with free food.

19. macrumors member

Formula1freak

No you cant, i think you can count me in for going to the Apple store as well. What do you think would be a good time to meet?

20. thread starter macrumors 601

I'll probably get there around 3pm, maybe... I'll probably be going with a friend who is not a member of macrumors, though. I won't be able to buy the iPhone on launch day as I need it activated on T-Mobile or Swisscom for work, so I'll have to wait until the next week when I'm back on the other side of the pond. I'll certainly want to play with it, though.

21. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm torn between the Apple Store or just going to Avon. :rolleyes:

22. macrumors regular

fenixx

I don't know if I feel like waiting again for 6+ hours, then dealing with all the drama of purchasing it.

I'm wondering if I can waltz in around 10PM as people were reporting to do last year and buy a phone, sans wait.

Something tells me this year will be different though.

23. macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I hear ya!

24. macrumors regular

Should we just start a thread for Avon? :p

Count me as the third torn on what to do.

25. macrumors regular

I'm sorry but what is Avon?:confused: