indigo iMac won't mirror when using a projector

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hikeNM, Aug 12, 2005.

1. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

Sep 29, 2004
    Somewhere close to a dairy in East Texas
    I'm a school teacher who regularly uses a projector to show presentations. I was super excited to finally get a copy of Keynote 2. Being able to use the new feature of having a presenters screen while the class only sees the main slide would be very nice.

When I get it installed, I make a slideshow and immediately set up my presentation. My 500 Mhz Indigo iMac, running 10.3.9, does not recognize that my projector is either a second screen or the projector is mirroring the screen. In order to turn the feature on, the computer has to recognize the projector as either of these, even though the projector is projecting the computer screen. Seems to me if the computer is projecting the screen, it's mirroring.

My projector is plugged into the port in the very rear of the computer.

When I go to System Prefs--->displays, there is no box to check to arrange the displays, which would be there if the computer thought the projector was either a second display or a mirror.

Does anybody know what to do in this situation? Am I SOL as far as being able to have a presenters screen on the computer and an audiences screen?

Once again many thanks in advance.
  2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    If I can recall, I don't think ANY of the iMacs have had native spanning.

So I think you are out of luck, sorry ;)

Hope that helps :)