Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boogieman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Can I change my regular individual account to a family? If so how do I do this?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
You can change your account by going into MobileMe preferences, I think you can purchase additional storage there, but I'm not sure about upgrading from an individual to family. That might have to wait until your current deal expires.

quadgirl

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2006
As documented on Apple's mobileme page, yes you can change an individual to a family, just not yet. Mobileme of course is still going through some teething problems and the billing section isn't showing up yet to make the upgrade. Give it time

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
I bought the Family plan while I was in the store. I already have a .Mac single user account but they were offering a discount in the Mobile Me family plan so I bought that.

Will it work yet?

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
As documented on Apple's mobileme page, yes you can change an individual to a family, just not yet. Mobileme of course is still going through some teething problems and the billing section isn't showing up yet to make the upgrade. Give it time

Yes, I think we have to wait awhile. I tried upgrading to family when it first went up. The button to upgrade is no longer there. Apple removed it temporarily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.