Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe and Sedan

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyeluvmyimac, Feb 7, 2003.

1. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

I absolutely LOVE this car. Let me tell you, this is a great car. I don't have one yet, but will soon I hope. If anyone here likes Infinitis or Nissans, or HAS one of them, please stop by this forum.

Infiniti 6MT Forums

It's a great forum, a lot of great people, and great discussion about a great car.

Great! hehe

Thanks for listening and doing as you're commanded =) just kiddin'

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Yeah, that is a nice looking car. I wonder how much one costs.

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

my co-worker really wanted that car. He was telling me about it the other day. We work in the automotive research industry so we know our cars very, very well. Despite his enthusiasm, he decided not to get it. The interior was just very cheaply made and in terms of build quality he said there are much better deals out there. He said an accord coupe had a better interior and cost 10,000 less. Not that an accord is a great car, but it shows you that infiniti kind of cut corners on this vehicle. They are selling it on specs rather than fit and finish. That was his impression anyway. I haven't actually had an opurtunity to check it out myself and compare.

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Z350

I want the z350 in the worst way. They range from $26k-35k. The G35 is hot too.. but I think I like the look of the Z better

5. eyeluvmyimac thread starter macrumors regular

i dont like the HUGE rivoted door handles on the 350z, it is so DISGUSTING! The rest of the car is much like the G35 SC however.

I agree that Infiniti did cut some corners on the interior, but I think that they will up the quality a lot by the time I get mine (two to three years prob.) So we will see what happens!

BTW, the price begins at roughly $27k and goes up to roughly $35k

6. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

I concur. Very nice, indeed.

As soon as I saw a picture of the G35, the relatively new 350Z immediately sprung to mind. I dont know enough about either of these cars to give you an honest opinion. They obviously share similar body shapes. This article which I just found goes through alot of the similarities and differences between the two, and is overall quite informative. http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/infiniti/g35/100183722/roadtestarticle.html?articleId=76084
    Have you looked at the 350Z?

7. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

8. eyeluvmyimac thread starter macrumors regular

I know, it is a very nice car, very similar to the g35 sc. I just don't like those door handles. They stick out like a sore thumb...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

the color of the interior..... along with the black.

10. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

Yeah, I can understand your point of view. I just think its rather trivial (especially when there are many other 'more important' things to consider when buying a new car).
    Then again, if you really were having a hard time trying to figure out which one would be the wisest purchase, and it comes down to something as insignificant as this, then you just have to go with what you want. :) (And after all, thats what its all about. So don't let me get in the way.)

I noticed that the door handles on all 350Zs are silver in color. I also noticed that you only posted pictures of cars that, as a result of their finish, cause the door handles to boldly stand out (not including the close-up)... They don't look half as bad on the silver models.

11. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

You don't like that?!?

Yes, there are surely nicer interiors than that, but it's by no means unattractive. In my opinion, if there is any aspect of the interior design that I think people may not find appealing, it wouldn't be the colour scheme, but rather the rugged, modernistic design itself.

12. eyeluvmyimac thread starter macrumors regular

You caught me, I did actually pick the colors that made it stand out most =) but you have to consider that if you don't want a silver car. I might actually choose silver, but so does the other half of the population. Anyways, they are both great cars with great designs in their own respects. To each his own. :D

13. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

I did actually... but that was after I finished writing the post, of course. And it just seemed too difficult to think of another, valid argument at that stage. :D
    Agreed. Happy hunting!