Infiniti... your experience?

Discussion in 'Community' started by w_parietti22, Sep 23, 2005.

1. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hey, my family bought an Infiniti G20 (1999) and it hasn't been the best car. This is a thread about your good, or bad experiences with Infinitis:

Heres Mine:

brakes... major probablems with the brakes... been replaced a few time and they have been squeeking like crazy. We've taken it to a Japanesse auto place like 3 times. another repair shop. 2 times, and we just took it to the dealer and seems to have helped (for now!)

Engine... Last year my brother "threw-a-rod" and we had to replace the entire engine. It was going to cost $7-8,000 but we bought a refurbished engine of the web. ($4000)

These are the 2 major problems, but that doesnt includce many other problems. We're looking at buying a new car, but we arent sure which car to get. We like the look of the G35... but with our experience with the G20, it seems like we should look at other cars... any suggestions???
  2. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    The G20 is a suped up Nissan Sentra. My former colleague used to drive it and she hated it as it was a total lemon. The fact Infinit discountinued the model tells you how bad the car was (over priced and mediocore performance). On the contrary, the new G should be a good car as it is based on the longer wheel-based Nissan Z. While Z is plagued with the front wheel feathering gremlin, I have not heard the similar problem with G (maybe G has the different suspension geometry). I heard G's paint is very thin. So, some auto enthusiasts recommend the clear bra for G to protect the front end from paint chips.
  3. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

Mar 21, 2003
    I have a 2004 Infiniti FX35 and I have only had one issue with it. My passenger-side mirror motor died. I got it fixed under warranty and all is good. The vehicle still young at about 27,500 miles, but I will let you know if I have an major issues.