Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

infinityblade2.png
Chair's hit sequel Infinity Blade II has been named Apple's App of the Week and as a result, it is free to download for the second time since its initial 2011 release.

Created as a followup to the original Infinity Blade game, Infinity Blade II has enhanced graphics with detailed environments, character textures, and ambient light touches like sharper shadows and atmospheric effects.

The Infinity Blade series is known for its impressive graphics, action RPG gameplay, gesture-based combat and console-quality experience. In addition to improved graphics, Infinity Blade II also offers deeper character customization and new styles of combat.
The God King has been defeated, an unlikely hero has emerged and now you must discover the truth behind the secrets of the Infinity Blade. The continuing journey of young Siris unfolds as you delve deeper into the world of the Deathless tyrants and their legion of Titans. Can you unlock all the mysteries and successfully wield the power of the Infinity Blade in this timeless swordplay adventure of champions and villains?
The third and final game in the Infinity Blade series, Infinity Blade III, is also available at the discounted price of $2.99 for a limited time.

Infinity Blade II can be downloaded from the App Store at no cost for the next week. [Direct Link]

Infinity Blade III can be downloaded from the App Store for $2.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Infinity Blade II' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
When I first saw the title I thought it was infinity blade III.... Anyway I got the II some time before when it was free or $0.99.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Wait wait wait let me get this straight... Apple practically sponsored Infinity Blade 3 by giving them a iPhone 5s a head of time and what not and now months and months and months later Infinity Blade 2 is app of the week... If anything would be the app of the week shouldn't it be Infinity blade 3. And didn't the Infinity blade train leave back in September?

----------

Is it worth downloading guys?

I dont know haven't played it cuz I just think it looks stupid. I will not be downloading it. But its free so it cant be not worth downloading

----------

If guys are your thing, of course!

Lol you made a funny. But im sure there are other good reasons for downloading it. Like its optimized for 64 bit...oh wait thats infinity blade 3. Well you can hit crap... There thats a great reason to download it. You can hit crap with swords

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I downloaded it and have been playing with it for about 30 minutes. Very nice game in terms of graphics. Not really my style of gaming (kill everything and move on), but for what it is, it certainly shows what is possible on the iPad. Great job, now bring this and other games to the Apple TV please.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I dont know haven't played it cuz I just think it looks stupid. I will not be downloading it. But its free so it cant be not worth downloading

Nonsense, you're devaluing your time spent clicking the link and downloading it, plus the cost of the bandwidth and storage on your device. Nope, even if the list price is $0, it's still too much for me to bother. (Writing this post on the other hand... it's worth my time. More entertaining to write it than to download IB2.)

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
Infinity Blade is a great series. I owned the first one on my iPhone 4. I didn't think that phone could handle II let along III so I never downloaded them... until last night. I bought a 5S a few weeks back. And I really only use my iPhone for web browsing, calls and photography so I don't download many games at all. But I bought Infinity Blade III last night for $2.99. Same gameplay mechanics as the first game (that I've noticed so far) but after killing 4-5 enemies their HP is crazy.

I should do some googling. I believe I heard once that you can/are supposed to upload your Infinity Blade II character into III. So maybe that's why enemies start at level 20+ while you are a level 1....

Anyway.. Last night after I bought III, I looked up II and saw it was $6.99. Today, IT'S FREE! I'm downloading it right away. Even though I won't be playing it for a while because Mario Kart 8 comes out tomorrow!!!! Wooohooooo!! Let's a go!

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Wait wait wait let me get this straight... Apple practically sponsored Infinity Blade 3 by giving them a iPhone 5s a head of time and what not and now months and months and months later Infinity Blade 2 is app of the week... If anything would be the app of the week shouldn't it be Infinity blade 3. And didn't the Infinity blade train leave back in September?

----------

----------

Lol you made a funny. But im sure there are other good reasons for downloading it. Like its optimized for 64 bit...oh wait thats infinity blade 3. Well you can hit crap... There thats a great reason to download it. You can hit crap with swords

WOOSH.
That's the sound of it all going over your head.
1. wut... uhm.. ok..??
2. "if it's free it cannot be worth downloading" - that's it guys, pack up shop, this guy says it's not worth downloading!!
3. He made a joke about the PUNCTUATION. He didn't call the game "gay" or whatever you're trying to make a joke about...

Please remember your forum etiquette...

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
So the game normally costs money PLUS has IAP? No.

The IAP is only in game money for players to progress quicker. if reading the descriptions this is more the ultimate edition of the game now as the latest version includes all the updates already installed in it.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Crap...I already have the first and second versions...I got them free a while back. I was hoping this was IB 3...but that would be too crazy to do.

I played Infinity Blade II on the 5S for a couple of days...wasn't bad, but wasn't worth too much more of my time. I am not into this style of game but if I was these look pretty cool.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011

No you have it wrong.
Apple is discounting the n-1 Infinity Blade. As in one before the latest. I got IB1 for free after IB2 launched. It's a great way to move older games in the series and if people like it they'll get the newer version. I did that but I liked IB1 (for free) so I paid for IB3. And now with IB2 free for a week I grabbed it just now also.

So the company got one paid sale (IB3) out of me when if not for the free IB1 they would have gotten no paid sales from me.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Is it worth downloading guys?

Nice graphics, shame about the game play. Very repetitive and on rails.

Its a great graphical demo that pushed the graphical capabilities of the most recent iOS device at the time of release.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Nice graphics, shame about the game play. Very repetitive and on rails.

Its a great graphical demo that pushed the graphical capabilities of the most recent iOS device at the time of release.

I ended up playing for a few minutes and deleted it, it was as you said.

Really nice looking though!

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
Don't think of it as a game. Think of it more as an elaborate demo that shows what's possible in the near future. Think Apple TV with a game controller. Sure, if you think in terms of pure performance, it may not compete with the PS4 or Xbox One, but it doesn't need to. Not with Apple's massive developer community. Games are improved far more with better stories and better gameplay, than with improved graphic detail and physics engines. Witness the popularity of Clash of Clans.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.