Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) - Several Richmond County educators are being reprimanded after officials uncovered a sex scandal involving teachers, coaches and the principal of an Augusta middle school.

Superintendent Dana Bedden says seven Spirit Creek Middle School faculty members have been implicated in a series of incidents which included daytime sexual encounters on an inflatable mattress in the school's public safety office.

No students were involved in any of the encounters, which came to light after a former teacher sent an e-mail about the allegations to school system leaders.

Denise Ogden resigned in November after her involvement in a love triangle that also cost former Principal Sharon McAlevy and former school board public safety officer Ronnie Collins their jobs.

Article link

I hope the inflatable mattress was there only for the sex-ed. class.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Consenting adults, no kids involved. Who cares?

Now here's a juicy school scandal. PTA official and 13 year old caught in back seat of car, both naked from waist down.

Attorney: PTA mom allegedly found half-naked with boy 'well-respected'

The 13-year-old boy who Nassau police said was in the backseat of a sport utility vehicle with a 44-year-old mom attends the same middle school in Baldwin where she serves as a PTA vice president, school district officials said in a statement Tuesday.

The woman, Joan Tuckruskye, of Baldwin, is a vice president of the Baldwin Middle School Parent-Teacher Association.

Nassau police said Tuesday they are continuing to investigate whether Tuckruskye and the boy had sex, with the possibility of upgrading the misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

Citing the police investigation, school officials would not provide additional details Tuesday other than to confirm in the statement that the boy attends Baldwin Middle School.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I am surprised they can keep it a secret for so long with so many people...

I think MR is encouraging us to try it out with the g00gle ad:

Attachments

• air-mattress-ad.gif
    air-mattress-ad.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 103

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
As a parent of two, I'm more concerned that there ARE inflatable sex mattresses readily available. How can I make sure that I don't inadvertently buy one for innocent purposes , like for Lucy to take to a sleepover. What would the host parents think if THEY saw it was a sex mattress?

It's because of teachers like these, bringing their immoral devices into a place of safety, that is causing the destruction of family values!

I'm kidding of course :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'd rather the teachers not have sex within the school, is it so hard to sneak into a car somewhere? I know a couple of ours did.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
As a parent of two, I'm more concerned that there ARE inflatable sex mattresses readily available. How can I make sure that I don't inadvertently buy one for innocent purposes , like for Lucy to take to a sleepover. What would the host parents think if THEY saw it was a sex mattress?

It's because of teachers like these, bringing their immoral devices into a place of safety, that is causing the destruction of family values!

I'm kidding of course :)

LOL :D Maybe this will lead to a more clearly labeled item.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
well at least no kids were involved and hey, gotta love the title that 'rocks school staff'.

literally...

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Consenting adults, no kids involved. Who cares?

I care. I obviously don't have a problem with 2 adults having consensual sex. However, there's an appropriate time and place for that sort of thing, and the workplace isn't an appropriate place to have sex. They deserve to get in trouble for this alone. Now, couple that to the fact that the workplace in question is a school for young children, and yes, I definitely find this all to be a problem.

You never know if your teacher just came back from the inflatable mattress or the gym.

If she walks like she was just riding a horse earlier, she was probably at my house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.