Info on Valencia Train Crash?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yojitani, Jul 4, 2006.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Could someone point me in the direction of a list of the casualties from the Valencia crash yesterday? My best friend lives out in that area and I can't contact him. I'm going a little out of my mind here.. I can't find a list in English and know zero Spanish (and also can't communicate with his mother, who knows zero English).

yt

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

There's an article at the BBC on the crash. As for finding the names of the victims, that will be incredibly difficult due to privacy issues. Just keep trying to contact your friend.

Sorry I can't help anymore... :(

3. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

Thanks. I thought there might have been a list in the Spanish press ... what a morbid thing to look out for.

yt

4. Queso macrumors G4

The article says that there were five foreigners killed in the crash and one male victim still unidentified. The foreigners were three men, one Argentinian, one Paraguayan, and one Venezuelan, and two women, one Colombian and one Bulgarian. I hope this puts your mind at rest a little.

5. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

Thanks, but perhaps I should have mentioned that he's Spanish, a native of Valencia. I think I'm going to try to track down a spanish speaker today to call his family.

6. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

7. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

If you find a list in Spanish, run it through Google Translator or Sherlock or even maybe dashboard. That's what I normally do.

8. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani