Informal Poll: Best Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by answer348, Sep 8, 2004.

1. answer348 macrumors member

I'm trying to decide which bluetooth mouse to buy. Here are the choices:

1. Logitech MX900
    2. Apple BT Mouse
    3. Radtech BT 500 Mouse
    4. Macally BT Mouse Jr.
    5. Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse

6. Wait for Macmice The Mouse BT

7. Go for a normal wireless mouse instead

2. morkintosh macrumors regular

is a great mouse, good weight, fits the hand nicely, all around the best mouse I've had. It gets pretty hard on the batteries though, I have to replace them every 3 - 4 weeks with 8 hours a day use. This is my first BT mouse, so I am not sure how "normal" that is.

3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    I'm loving my Apple BT mouse. it's just plain old awesome.

4. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

I've only used MS Bluetooth mouse, but I have relegated it to home use and moved back to my Logitech wired mouse at work. Why? - there is a subtle but noticable lack of precision that I found slightly annoying.

If anyone has found a bluetooth mouse that performs like a wired one, I would be interested in hearing about it.

5. aphexist macrumors member

This isn't a good poll. I imagine few people have had the chance to actually use more than one of the mice available.

I have the MS mouse. While I love the shape and size, using it with my PowerMac has the aforementioned lack of precision. It should be noted that the mouse works very well in Windows, so I imagine it is a lack of proper drivers (there are no official Mac drivers) rather than bad hardware.

I have been looking at the Logitech offering as an alternative.

6. jdechko macrumors 68040

A BT Question

Is it possible to use any of these mice with the built-in bluetooth module, or do you have to use the "base station" (the proper term eludes me at this point) that comes with the mouse?

7. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

another far question is do you want more than at least a 3 button mouse with a scroll wheel or does it not matter. If yes then the apple mouse must be removed off the list of mice because it only has the 1 button.

8. aphexist macrumors member

The built-in module works...very well actually. My mouse was recognized and working in seconds.

9. mrdeep macrumors member

10. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I am leaning towards the radtech because
    1) size - tiny not huge
    2) on off switch for the backpack
    3) wheel and two buttons

but I must say I am not taken with the colour options...plain silver would have been nice...

11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I think Microsoft's Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer is by far the nicest mouse i've ever used (and I've used quite a few mice).

12. wide macrumors 6502a

13. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Macally BT Mouse JR

100%

Academic Superstore.com has it for $40 if you're a student. On top of that, you should google some reviews. They're all good.

14. kilpajr macrumors regular

I also want a BT mouse. The smaller ones seem nice except that I would probably use this mouse all the time. I would think it would get old using the smaller mouse all the time. They probably use fewer batteries and therefore have lower battery life too. I think I am going to wait for the macmice because of its looks and the fact that it has an on/off switch. I will wait for reviews on its performance before I buy one though. The one downside I can see it has right now is its price.

15. furrina macrumors regular

god those are all so ugly

I have the Apple BT Mouse for the looks alone. You don't even want to touch the other nasty things. I don't miss the scroll and two buttons (and I even use them all day with a pee cee and I'm fine without.). Can't anyone make a wireless mouse with buttons+wheel that doesn't look like it belongs on a poster in 13-year-old metalhead's bedroom?

ok, the macmice are nice. And it will be shipping when?

Yes, the battery dies all the time. Mice and rats themselves only live for two or three years so I find this somehow fitting.

16. aphexist macrumors member

Who cares what it looks like if it provides additional functionality? Having "a nice, clean setup" way impress the geeks and maybe your ho-ma, but it won't pay the bills. I would take the better working mouse over the more attractive mouse no matter how pretty it looked on my desk.

17. furrina macrumors regular

Wait. Your mouse pays the bills? Where can I get one of those??!!! Mine just kinda sits there and plays around on my computer.

18. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

insanely great :)

19. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Radtech provides AWESOME customer service - the love the BT500. The battery life is good and they tell me there is a rechargable version in the works.

20. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I am currently in the business of waiting for The Mouse BT from Macmice. i obviously have not tried, nor heard a review of it, but it has everything one could want. and on/off switch, a right click button, a scroll whell, and of course it looks good, almost like the apple BT mouse. i really think this is what apple needs for a 3 button mouse. they could still ship the one button mouse with all computer but then you just pay to get the three button mouse. . . i imagine tons of people would buy it for the three button functionality. i mean come on, are there really people out there that are so mentally deficient that they have difficulties with more than one button? what happens when they see a keyboard are they so overloaded with buttons that they pass out?

21. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

I have a belkin bluetooth mouse, it has worked great, very responsive. Its a four button mouse. Fourth button can be used for exposé.
    But Macmice BT mouse would be really great when it comes out.

cheers

22. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I have the Blutake BT500, as far as I can tell it is identical to the Radtech except for the name printed on it. I got rechargable batteries for it. Don't like going through all those AAAs. Works well, my only complaint is that I wish the scroll wheel was a bit faster, although mayby that is because I am using it with Apples built in drivers and not its own....

Anyway, I would recomend the BT500, especialy if you plan on traveling a bit.

23. Threnody macrumors member

Threnody

wPod, if you look at the The Mouse BT homepage on the left side there are links to a couple reviews of pre-release models. I'm holding out as well!

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove