Inheritted Clothing

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by monaarts, Jun 5, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

2. macrumors 601

No - at best he got them from the same source that Jobs did which is off the shelf. Steve Jobs did not have a global exclusive supply of turtlenecks. I bet they are pretty popular at Apple - especially for the corporate headshots and other promo material.

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

My guess would be that they are required for things like this.

4. macrumors 601

I have no trouble believing that. Most executives dress alike for their corporate photos to the public.

5. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Many executives also prefer to emulate those they admire, and given Job's success its conceivable that there are those that emulate his style in clothing.

6. macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Actually, they were exclusive. The shirts were designed specifically for Jobs by Japanese designer Issey Miyake and he was given a limited run of about 100.

7. macrumors 601

Ok, so that one particular shirt was exclusive, but it isn't exactly that difficult to get a shirt that looks exactly like that which is probably where he got it - I would even bet that Apple has a connection where you employees can order that if they wanted to - but it isn't as if Jobs had a monopoly on that style of shirt.