Ink???? System Preferences - Hardware section

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Deimo, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Deimo macrumors member

Totally wierd thing just happened to me.. i was mucking around with the computer and all of a sudden a new option in system prefs - Ink showed up. I've heard about it before, all about handwriting recognition, but have never seen it. My computer froze soon after on network settings (not really froze, everything worked except the network settings) so i rebooted, and Ink disappeared. Has anyone seen this happen, or at least explain how it showed up?? I'm totally confused right now!

MBP 2.0GHz 2GB RAM, everything else is stock.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Ordinarily, the Ink control panel will only show up if you have a tablet attached--there's not much point in it otherwise. Perhaps you did something that temporarily convinced the System Preferences app that there was one connected, so Ink showed up? It would disappear after a reboot, since you don't actually have one plugged in.

3. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Old post, I know!

This has happened 2 times in the last 3 days to me. A small icon appears in the menu bar next to the volume. Also like the poster above has stated, a new option is found in system preferences. It's only their for a few minutes then disappears.
    I have a 2008 mac pro running 10.5.6.
    I did just get a new airport extreme last week. So I'm assuming this has something to do with the ink icon appearing.

Could it be picking up some stray signal from a neighbor. Who has a wireless wacom tablet?

I would think all wireless pen-devices would use bluetooth. Making my new airport extreme less suspect.
    I also double checked, and my bluetooth is turned off. On my mac pro.
    Any ideas as to what might be causing this?