Inkjet blocked nozzles

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jbrown, Mar 14, 2006.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Any tip to stop them blocking. I have an Epson R200.

cheers

2. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Buy a different brand of printer.

Or use it (print a test sheet) every day.

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I thought Epson was supposed to be one of the better brands?

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

It is, but the combination of the type of ink they use with the very fine nozzles (that they all use) means that Epson print nozzles clog more. They seem to be less prone to clogging if you use them every day.

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I'm not saying this "is" or happened to you "because", more of a side note... make sure to use Epson ink and not some brand that will "print just like or the colors are the same". Clogging really becomes a problem from off-brands of ink/tanks on the Epsons that I've seen. My friend just got his R300 replaced from this sort of thing (he bought an extra warranty at CompUsa that replaced it) but Epson would not have if it was returned to them fwiw ;)

6. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Yes - I agree - use the manufacturer's ink.

Even so, I have found that Epsons (using Epson ink) still tend to clog if they are not used very regularly.

7. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

In my experience Epsons are just totally useless, and yet I know people who swear by them!

I've had three, they blocked reguarly, the inks are extremely expensive for the quantity included and frankly, they're terribly built.

I prefer HP - Solid machine with massive ink quantities in £100+ machines!

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Canon just as bad. If your in the UK i buy all my printers from ARGOS as they never last a year. Argos always replace it no questions asked and if they dont have it in stock, give you a refund...

9. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

Im not sure how the epsons work exactly, but if you turn off your printer when its not in use it will tend to clog a lot more than if you leave it on. With my canon if I leave it on it will go into its power saver mode but wake up once in a while to do a swipe of the print heads to keep them fresh. The ink used in this is significantly less than having to flush out your clogged print heads. Epsons are notorious for clogging due to its type of ink and ive talked to many people who have wasted full sets of ink 60-70 dollars worth trying to flush out the heads.

10. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Yeah - well.
    You see, I had problems with Epson printers but never with Canon. Others swear by (or at) HP or Brother. Find what suits you.