Inkpad / Inkwell help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jamesarm97, Dec 27, 2006.

1. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I received a bluetooth Wacom tablet for christmas and was hoping to try out Ink (write on screen / handwriting recognition from Apple) with it. When I clicked the button to turn it on the Wacom driver said Ink was not enabled and to go to the Ink system settings and enable it. I do not have an icon for it. Is Ink still included in OS X 10.4.8? I see references to it on Apple's website. Is there anything I need to do to enable it or is it not part of OS X anymore?

Thanks,
    James

2. spydr macrumors 6502

spydr

I have a usb wacom tablet and as soon as I plugged it in, I remember inking showed up in system preferences - where one could alter various pen behaviour parameters. There should also be a "show ink window" and "show ink in menubar" options in this preference pane. So if your mac did not recognize the bluetooth tablet and install this preference pane automatically, then you may need to install the OS X drivers from wacom (which you should do anyway as it brings wacom's own preference pane to modify the things like pressure sensitivity, acceleration etc)