Inkwell??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BollywooD, May 18, 2005.

1. BollywooD macrumors 6502

BollywooD

where is this?

excuse the ignorance, but do I need a Tablet to enable this?
    I searched in spotlight and all I get is a system preference named"ink" - I click on it and nothing?

I just wanted to have a play with it seeing as its one of the new tiger features i havnt really seen yet.

2. davidwells macrumors newbie

davidwells

I've not seen it either--Yes, it does appear you need a tablet before you can 'see' the pref pane and enjoy the goodness of "inkwell". I'm curious, but not curious enough to buy a tablet... except a quick check on Compusa's site shows the 4x5inch tablet on sale for $69US. Not sure what it converts to in AUS$ but a discount none the less.

Hmmm, consider this I will.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/inkwell/

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You can't see it? I've seen it and double clicked on it. I forget what happens after that, but I'm assuming its nothing.

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I tried Inkwell with a tablet and was really disappointed in it. I tried to use the tablet as a navigation tool in addition to text input. It seemed to go into hand writing mode when I just wanted to click in icon to run something.

Perhaps the $100 dollar tablet wasn't any good and it had nothing to do with Inkwell but I am not sure. It was very smooth to write and didn't seem slow or anything and did recognize words really well. I think I wanted to try a alternative to the mouse and do simple keyboard tasks and perhaps paint with Photoshop. My expectations were too high.

5. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

You were using it wrong. You had "Write Anywhere" inabled. You need a Tablet of some kind in order for Ink to show up. Overall, I love my Tablet.

Here's some ink screenshots:

Attached Files:

6. davidwells macrumors newbie

davidwells

Wow, that's great to know. Are you using the little 4x5" or a larger tablet? I'm seriously thinking about one now. Pressure sensitive Photoshop tools alone almost justify the cost, but if Inkwell works effectively, then that's a bonus, too.

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I have the Wacom 4x5", but thats fine for me...

You can see how nice the tablet matches the iMac G4!
    [​IMG]

I mainly use it for drawing/sketching in Photoshop.