Inline attachments not working?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by vniow, May 19, 2006.

1. vniow macrumors G4

I've noticed in a few threads recently that when you use the [ ATTACH ] [/ ATTACH] tags for an image you've uploaded it doesn't seem to work. Older ones are alright but it seems from at least yesterday on, there's been trouble.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I think it's fixed for now.

arn

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Ah...thank you! I thought I was just effing it up when I was having problems earlier today. But I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong...it's not all that hard, and I've done it lots of times.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Is anybody else still having a few attachment-related problems? The main thing I'm seeing is attachments taking a very long time to load. This has been going on for several days...possibly since the server adjustments made on Friday.

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I have noticed attachments taking a while to load. Several times I was about to tell someone that there image is missing and then about 10-20 seconds after the rest of the page finished loading the attachment appears.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

So far so good...I haven't noticed any problems. I'll keep an eye on it.

One other problem I've been noticing with attachments: When composing a post, I click on the paperclip and the attachments window opens. I click through the steps and add my attachment. In the past, after adding the attachment, the main reply window would refresh to show the added attachment in the "Attach Files" section. It no longer does this. In order to see the attachment in the main window (useful when trying to get the ID number for inline attachments), I have to either reload the attachments window or click on "Manage Attachments" in the main window again. (FYI, I'm on Safari and Tiger.)

Anybody else experiencing this?

8. Lau Guest

Yep, I've had this. It's not a huge problem, but just a wee bit annoying. Camino and Tiger here.

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

ya... unfortunately, the recent server changes prevents the original window to refresh. I don't know if there's an easy solution for that.

arn

11. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Looks like the problem has arisen again. Now it doesn't seem like any attachments are being shown. When I clicked on one it said there was a database error. :confused:

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

13. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

ya, was a temporary problem due to the server issue.

arn