input lag 2012 imac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sortvind, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

So after my yay thread on the new imac, i do have something i hope you guys can help me with.

i seem to suffer from input lag on my new 21.5 imac, after googling it seems several people across various mac OS have it, so i guess it is software/OS related, but not found a solution that worked.

it is there on both mac messenger, firefox e.t.c

it is not consistent, but often i type and the words do not come up until later, its a bit annoying to be honest, its like 50 procent of the time.

i did check on and off the slow keys, but that did not work.

checked the cpu in activity monitor, and its below 10% total.

no widgets, and few start up softwares ( Flux, weather HD, Eset antivirus ).

any help or suggestion is appreciated :)

2. macrumors 603

Sounds like Bluetooth lag. I seem to have it occasionally when I wake my new iMac from sleep. I assume you're using the BT keyboard?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

that is correct.

i turned the keyboard off and changed the battery even though the keyboard is only a few days old.

lag is reduced about 70%, so it seems it really helped just changing the batteries.

4. macrumors 603

You might be experiencing some interference from other 2.4Ghz devices, so make sure none are anywhere near the computer while you're troubleshooting..

5. macrumors regular

had this exact same problem with mine....try a simple shutdown or restart, if that doesnt work do a pram and smc reset....worked perfect...if you dont know how to do those lemme kno its very simple