Inquisitor for Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tclare, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Tclare macrumors regular

Is there a plugin similar to Inquisitor for firefox?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

describe the function of it plz?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's that plugin for Safari that people have been discussing recently, which has a spotlight-like live search function -- it comes up with Google results in real time while you're typing in your search phrase. It looks really hot.

http://www.inquisitorx.com/safari/

[​IMG]

4. iCaffeine macrumors member

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

ok, basically, it works as:
    1. auto guess and finish the word when u typing
    2. and search that word through google and give out result on a separate layer right below the search bar.

ok, i will do some digging...:D

6. WolfHook macrumors newbie

I have an extension that auto completes Google searches, it also does alot of other useful things like removing ads etc.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/743/

I don't know if it will have all of the features mentioned but it makes my Google experiences a lot better.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, took me quite a bit time to go over 344 extensions about firefox's search function. Altho they can do all kinds of things, but apparently not the function like this :D

No, I didn't find the stuff that operates like Inquisitor, altho "Ultimate search" looks like it, but doesn't do the job, it does give me the feeling that it is not impossible to do it in firefox's platform tho.

Not sure, I tried to look it up at greasemonkey's scripts, but there are just too many, I didn't go through all of them (can't), but so far, i didn't find any

Not sure, I didn't check http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/ , might do it later when i got time.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Grrr, I've been having a little bit of nuisance with Firefox 2 on my Mac apparently having memory leaks (or for some reason slowing way down after a while).

So I decided that I haven't used Safari in a while...

I needed to go back through my selection of plug-ins:

- I picked up SafariBlock, because I wasn't familiar with it -- basic but very nice, does exactly what I want, and free (unlike PithHelmet).

- I am still using Taboo (one simple job, does it well)

- I got SafariStand just so that I could use the _blank -> new tab feature (which is kind of overkill, but the only other plugin I know that does this, SAFT, is equally overbearing).

- And I got Inquisitor.

OMG. First.... Whatever was slowing down Safari before, ZOMGZ.... it's very fast in comparison to my expectations on my iBook G4/800.

And second...ZOMGZ.... Inquisitor is soooo beautiful.

Just be careful not to try to adjust the preferences window's size while you're on Inquisitor. Pain in the butt will ensue. :(

I did also notice that I had to make my Safari bar wider (and my address bar narrower) in order to really benefit from Inquisitor -- the width of the Inquisitor pop-up is derived from the width of the bar.