Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Just for fun I went to the Apple Educational Store to check on the deals and I added a 12" PowerBook to my Cart. The price started at $1500. I added 640mb RAM, a 60 Gig HD, AirPort Extreme Card, plus Apple Care.
Total Cost: $1,567.00 !?!
Same goes for the 15".
Um, Holy Crap?
Is this the ultimate Back To School promo or something more? In any case, those of you who are students, or know one ;) should take advantage of this ASAP.
Just a heads up.

unc32

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
That is similar to the pricing at UNC. The recommended system with applecare is 1299. So, it isn't totally unreasonable that his prices are the same. At your university check to see if if you have a custom Apple Store and then check the recommended systems.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Where?

Originally posted by MacAztec
I cant find that deal.

I found it through my girlfriend's school, F.I.T. (Fashion Institute) here in NYC. They have a Custom Apple Store online. The deals on software are jaw-dropping as well. I checked NYU also and the prices aren't even close. Seems there are different promotions going on at different schools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.