Inside Man (May Include Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by muffinman, Apr 2, 2006.

1. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

I saw Inside Man yesturday. I would highly recommend this movie. Along with being a very exciting action movie, it had a lot of parts where you had to stop and think. It's what I call a "thinking movie" because you sort of try to find out what the guy's plan is anyway.

Oops, well I forgot to tell ya'll the plot. Basically these guys hoist a bank robbery in the Manhattan Central Bank. They take everyone in there hostage. Through detective (Denzel Washington), the police figure out slowly, that this was never a bank robbery in the first place.

If I say anymore it'll give away the whole movie. I highly recommend watching this movie- its probably the best one out this year along with V for Vendetta.

Edit: Funny Quote:
    Dalton Russell (Bank Robber): Soon I'm gonna be sucking down pina coladas in a hot tub with six girls named Amber & Tiffany.
    Keith Frazier (Detective): No, it's more like in the shower with Jamal & Jesus.. and it wont be a pina colada that you'll be sucking!

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Yeah it was a very well done movie...intriguing heist but not overdone.

Then again I have a weak spot for heist films. :p

3. cairo macrumors regular

Wish I had gone to this instead of Firewall :/

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Me and the missus went to see this last week. I was pleasantly surprised – it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Well worth the price of admission (especially as we got in two-for-the-price-of-one). :D

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

My wife and I just saw Inside Man last Sunday. I would rate it among the top 3 movies I've seen in as many years. Cinematography, plot, pacing and Washington were impeccable.

6. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Ditto for the enjoyment - I love movies with twists, and a not so obvious plot. Not as fast paced as some heist movies I've seen which actually works for it!
    Only moment of being slightly wierded out - when the mayor calls Jodie Fosters character "a magnificent ***" there was a guy on the back row who was cackling for about 5min at it...... slightly strange and worrying IMO!