inside of esophogus hurts cause of a hard taco...help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by muffinman, Aug 29, 2006.

1. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

While eating a rolled chicken taco today for lunch, (the taco shell was fried,...not a soft shell), i didnt chew hard enough, and swallowed a couple of sharp edged pieces of taco shell. as it went down my esophogus, i felt it scrape down. it hurt.

i now feel some aching/a little pain in this area throughout the day. Now it is 9 in the evening, and it is still there.

i was wondering if it is possible that the area inside my esophogus is cut or bleeding. If it is bleeding, it should stop and clear up by tomarrow morning right?

thanks

2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

You'll be fine I've done it before. Drink some cool water or something it will go away.

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

If it was something big, you would have significant difficulties in breathing. You probably just scraped it, it'll heal. It's akin to burning your tongue with a hot liquid. Drink lots of water to keep it moist and you should be fine tomorrow.

Don't panic if it still hurts first thing in the morning though, as your entire system is generally dehydrated then and your throat may be naturally dry.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know about you, but when I have health concerns, the first place I go to is NOT MacRumours --- not unless it's related to erections.

It's probably just scraped. If it hurts in 3 days, go see a doctor. Otherwise, it'll be fine. Does it hurt when you eat now?

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

So that's why your post count is so high... :eek: :p ;) :D

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

:eek: Nice one! Literally! :eek:

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Mild laceration to the throat like yours can leave the sensation that "whatever it was is still there" when, in fact you've scratched (lacerated) the throat. Usually drinking warm liquids (tea with honey), cold drinks, even popsicles can help soothe the pain.

You should be okay within 24 hours but watch for infection which could lead to Strep Throat. Gargling with warm salt water should help with avoiding any bacteria to set in. If it's not better tomorrow or if you develop fever along with the pain, you should see a doctor and have a culture. Hope you're better, tomorrow.