Install 10.3 Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robotrenegade, Dec 1, 2003.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

Ok, I 0 all data and installed 10.3 now where did iDvd go?

2. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

use the software restore disk that came with the mac. iDVD isn't included with Panther.

3. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I thought, thanks. If you ask me I think that's getto.

4. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

Damn, I'm about to upgrade too, and i didnt want to have to go back and reload iDVD,iMovie,..etc. But i heard doing a clean install is better that doing a archive and install.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

or you can just upgrade like I did from 10 (beta) to 10 to 10.1 to 10.2 to 10.3

6. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Only iDVD requires the restore disk. iTunes, iMovie and iPhoto are all included with 10.3. Its because not all systems support iDVD (ie; those without superdrive) so apple don't ship it as standard.

7. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Ghetto to not include an app that isn't part of the OS in the first place? You can't please some people.

What, Panther doesn't come with Photoshop 7? Cheap bastards!

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

iDVD would require two CDs, anyway, since it is over 1 gig. It's a massive program so it would be expensive and pointless for Apple to include 6 CDs with every Panther upgrade out there for people to install iDVD when they all have it on the DVD that came with their Superdrive computers in the first place. For all those who have combo drives, it would just be a waste of CDs to include them.

9. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

It it apart of the OS, it is an i app.

10. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

If it is part of the OS, then a.) Why does it cost $50 extra b.) Why isn't it on your OS X disk?

Why is this a big deal? Instead of installing it from the Panther disk you have to put in another disk. If you installed it once you already have the disk, right? Where is problem?

11. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It isn't a part of the OS, it is a program, so no, it is not something that Apple "should have" included since it is an extra program that comes with Superdrives. If you upgrade, it is already installed, if you did a clean install, then you just have to install from your system restore CD just like OS 9. It is easier than having two extra CDs to deal with when installing OS X, especially since there are more non Superdrive computers out there than there are Superdrive computers so it'd be a big waste of CDs to include with every Panther box.

12. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not hard for to do this. And yes I do have the disks. I'm just looking out for the people that don't use the computer every day.