Install Quartz composer with Pacifist?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speakerwizard, Jan 30, 2007.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

can i Install Quartz composer with Pacifist?, i had a quick look but couldnt find any obvious installers, what should i look for? is there an easyer way? thanks

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If you install developer tools from your DVD, Quartz Composer should be in there. I think the total was around 1GB, so it might be too much just for one program. Still, there might be some dependencies that require other pieces to be there, so it might be safer to install most of the developer tools anyways. Besides, there are some other cool apps to play with.

3. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

thanks, there seems to be quite a few bits on the dev tools, do i just 'need' the 200mb dev tools app ? all i want to do is 'play' with quartz ?

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

5. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

thats brilliant, i have to have a read, thanks a lot for the help, well see if i can intergrate it into my work or just have a play and learn a new skill, i currently do motion graphics / 3d animation and film so could be cool to do some real time stuff as well, do you use it personally?