Install Tiger with wanted software

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xdviper, Jun 8, 2006.

1. xdviper macrumors newbie

Hey, I am going to reinstall Tiger on my macbook, but I want to first know how do i costimize tiger to only install the software that i want. It first goes to the language screen and then the agreement thing and then it says Erase and install and then thats it. i want to chose what to install. how do i get to this option....

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Check the bottom left of those splash screens carefully as you go through them. There's usually a button called 'customise' or 'options'. I forget which.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Okay, standard question: why do you want to reinstall OSX on a brand new MacBook?

4. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

I think thats why.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It makes a lot more sense to remove the software you don't want. Most sensible is to just leave it alone. The OP has ample free space on his brand new machine. More than a few newbies return to this and other Mac fan forums with questions about restoring the software they only recently removed. If after he has some experience with the OS under his built, then he should revisit this issue.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Exactly the points I would make. Mass storage is so cheap these days. Why get rid of anything before you know for certain that you'll never need it again?