Installation question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cold_Steel, May 15, 2005.

1. Cold_Steel macrumors member

May 4, 2005
    Glouscestershire, UK
    Just updated my 2002 Powerbook to Tiger! Rocks!

The only thing is that i couldnt see an option to install via archive and instead it just went ahead and installed, keeping all of my apps and folders in place and they werent even in a seperate SYSTEMS folder like what happens sometimes when installing the other OS on top of each other? any ideas?

where can i find the archive and install options?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    The Options are there.

On the 3rd or 4th splash screen is a button in the lower-left hand corner saying 'Options' or 'Custom, I forget which. I think it comes just before or after it asks you where you want to install it...

You're not the only person who has missed it before. It's not as immediately obvious as it could be.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    The first time I installed (upgrade) Tiger I swear that option wasn't there. Then, it happily appeared when I decided to do a fresh install a week later. Weird. Or maybe I'm just going mad...
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Could be... wouldn't surprise me. I only tried installing once, but I sailed right past it, and I realized I should've seen it already, and backtracked and found it. I think it *was* there in my case, but I hadn't realized that it was how I could've gotten to A&I....

Oooh, btw, random OT...since trimming down my screwing around with Tiger, my uptime is now 3 days and 6 hours, which is quite possibly the most uptime I've had since I installed. :D Who knows? Maybe if I stopped coming to MR altogether, I could get months and months of uptime! ;)