Installer Opening 100s Of Windows Each Time I Try To Install Something!

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by PeteJames, May 23, 2013.

1. PeteJames, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013

macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2010
    This is really odd and its driving me mad. Last time I opened installer when I was browsing my receipts folder all the installers for all the apps in that folder opened. I've rebooted but every time I try to install and app these 100 odd receipts installers open automatically all over the screen. When I try to delete them manually installer crashes on the 3rd window deletion. When I force quit they simply return the next time I open installer :mad: Very odd indeed! Is there some way to reset installer? I've googled but the methods I found didn't work.

I also seem to be getting a bug when copying folders - the folders don't refresh properly after the download has completed so it will still show the bar on the folder icon for time remaining and a cross to the top right like it is still copying. Force relaunch of finder solves this but it's still annoying.
  2. macrumors 68020

Jun 15, 2012
    You can open an app without "resuming" its open documents by holding shift when it launches, I think.
    If that doesn't work, <command><alt>W should close all open windows. <Command><alt>Q will close all windows and Quit.

Sounds like you somehow accidentally selected the entire contents of the Receipts folder and then opened them.