installer update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jennifer34, Aug 21, 2004.

1. jennifer34 macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2003
    i'm trying to upgrade from 10.1 via the downloads on the mac website. when i tried to install the 10.1.5 update, it said i need the installer update. i downloaded the 10.1 installer update, but when it gets to the step where i select a destination (which i would pick my hard drive) it won't let me click on anything. anyone else have this problem? anyone know a solution?
  2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    Have you also installed the needed security update ?

More info can be found here

BTW... why 10.1.x? (no offence, just curious)

Its fun to play with etc., but 10.2.x is really very, very much recommended on your G4.
    10.3.x is even better!
  3. jennifer34 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2003
    and to answer your question... it's what makes the world go 'round: money. or lack thereof.
  4. jennifer34 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2003
    drive setup

when i searched apple support, i found something about a problem with drive setup 1.8.1 that may cause the disks to be 'grayed out or dimmed,' like the problem i had. it said some OS 9 computers had drive setup 1.8.1 which doesn't work with OS X. of course, the solution is reinitialization, unfortunately. the strange thing is that i didn't have trouble installing OS 10.1, but i had trouble with the installer update. anybody else have an experience like this?